1.18.2008

Not that I needed new shoes, but whatever.

Yesterday was slooooooow at work. Unusually slow, but I'm sure that by next week I'll barely have time to wipe my own ass. Not that I wipe other people's asses, but that's neither here nor there.

To give myself something to do I ordered shoes online from Piperlime and Zappos. Hello, free shipping! I was in search of stylish flats. I do love a nice heeled shoe, but I only have 2 pairs of work appropriate flats so it was definitely time to upgrade the shoe wardrobe. Behold:
These just look like a weapon of some sort. I love the pointy toe and the metal hardware and the faux animal skin. You can't see it in this picture, but the small heel is a cutout in the shape of a heart. The color is black even though these look like they are slightly greenish.





I could have gotten these in 6 different colors, but I just had to have the pewter shade. The buckle detail is so sweet. These remind me of hardcore
ballerina slippers.

Who doesn't need yellow shoes? I've never owned any piece of clothing that was yellow because yellow makes my skin look all washed out and like I have SARS or something. But I figure you can't go wrong with yellow shoes. I think pairing them with some grey slacks and a shirt with some deep blue would look nice. Add a few gold chains and I'll be ready to go. I own this exact shoe in a kelly green and they are extremely comfortable. Did ya see the buckle? Apparently buckles are my thing lately.


I looked at these shoes about 8 times before I decided I liked them. At first glance they looked like old lady shoes. But the more I looked at them, the more I decided that I really did like them. They look retro, not old lady. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I think the button detail is adorable. And did you see the gorgeous deep red color? Divine.
God, the wonkiness of these pictures is enough to drive me nuts. I have yet to master posting photos in Blogger, obviously. You'd think it would be super simple, but no, it's as simple as calculus done with hieroglyphics.

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Each pair is lovelier than the last. Love them all.

Anonymous said...

Congrats~

Lovely darling.

Jess said...

I am so jealous of all your shoe purchases! They are all gorgeous.

SLynnRo said...

OHMYGOD The red ones. I neeeeeeeeeeeed them.

Kristabella said...

I wish I could wear those shoes in the winter in Chicago. I only could if I brought them to work with me because of the COLD. And let's face it, I'm just too lazy to bring shoes with me. So I stick with boots, which I can wear outside and inside.

They are SO, SO cute, though!

Le Petit Chic said...

Ooh, the second pair is my favorite!! Though I am partial to yellow... :)