1.16.2009

Rant and a Rave

RANT:


Today was my first official day to start working what will be my normal work hours. It's tax season which is my source of income and irritation. Instead of coming in to work at a leisurely 10am I now have to be in my office at 9am. Now for those of you who get up at 4am and drive 3 hours to work and still manage to make it there by 7, good for you. I'm not that person.

I set my alarm for exactly one hour earlier than I had gotten up yesterday. I figured I'd keep the routine the exact same and I'd sail through the morning. Big fat HELL NO. First, I hadn't factored in the traffic. Apparently A LOT of people need to be at work when I do and there is only one road that leads out of my subdivision which means that every single commuter was waiting at the same stop sign I was.

I also did not factor in the train that may or may not stop on the tracks for 10 minutes. I was on the ass end of that traffic line also.


Also, school zones. SHIT. I forgot about school zones. I don't want to run the little kiddies over so I obey and slow it down, but it puts me even behinder (it's my new word.)

In short, I now have to rise and shine an hour and a half earlier which means I'll be getting up at 6:30am and dear readers, I just don't understand how anyone can get up at 6:30am and expect to be pleasant.


RAVE:

Car dancing. Have you car danced in a while? Last night I was driving home from the gym, my muscles all tired from an extra long weight training session and the new Pink song "So What" came on and my one non-driving hand flew up in the air and started flailing around and my torso started gyrating in my seat and I was totally getting down in the car.

I hadn't car danced in forever and man it was so much fun. I was just glad that it was totally dark outside so no one could see me and call the paramedics because they thought I was having a seizure or simply a crazy lady.

For fun I used to get in the car and drive nowhere with the windows down and the music blaring and car dancing to whatever song happened to come on. I miss those carefree days, but it was awesome to get a taste of that for just a few minutes.

:::::::::

Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy bloggiversary!! I'll be choosing a name on Monday so there's still time to tell your friends to come leave a comment and maybe win a prize!

9 comments:

TUWABVB said...

Yet ANOTHER argument in favor of my lobbying for the creation of a teletransporter a la Star Trek!!!!!

La Petite Chic said...

I'm in for a rude awakening when I don't live across the street from my office! I can leave my home and be at my desk within 5 minutes.

M said...

Sigh. I am not a morning person and after having some time off, I'm NOT HAPPY about the prospect of dragging my arse out of bed a 6am.

I wish you could car-dance during your commute. The ol' school zone thing might put a dampner on it, though.

Tomorrow will be better. As will the next day and the day after that.

xo

Anonymous said...

I have to get Sprog up at 6:15 4 days a week, speaking of, he does a fabulous car dance to Katy Perry. He was entertaining many passersby with his rendition of Hot'n'Cold.

Debi said...

Pros:
I'm so glad my daytime job comes to me during the day, and my evening job is only 5 min away...

Cons: This does mean less driving time, which in turn means less car dancing.

Sarah said...

ahh car dancing is the best! commuting...not so much.

Kristabella said...

I am not a morning person. I get ready in the fastest amount of time possible, which sucks because if there is any alteration tro the schedule, or something comes up, I'm screwed and run late.

Moll said...

I love car dancing and...car singing! When I was younger used to drive around in the hills behind my parents house and just rock out.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I can totally see you dancing in your car! I do it all the time. My girl was doing it with me by the time she was 1, I swear.
Oh, and you know how she feels about Pink's 'So What'. :)