8.24.2009

The evolution of lunch

Remember that garden I planted? It's fed me well over the summer. I had a bounty of squash, tomatoes and red Swiss chard. Here, as evidenced by the photos, is the evolution of my lunch Sunday. I was searching the kitchen for lunch Sunday and remembered that I had yet to taste my Swiss chard I planted. I grabbed my camera and headed outside.


It occurred to me that I had no idea how to harvest chard so I just pulled from the ground.


I cut the roots off, evicted the two small tiny spiders and cleaned it all up. Ready for eating!



I decided on a medley of fresh veggies. Squash (from a previous garden harvest), yellow bell pepper and onion topped with a leftover papaya tomato bruschetta sauce.




Ready to eat. 80% garden harvested, 100% tasty.

3 comments:

She Likes Purple said...

Delicious!

MommaMo said...

Looks so yummy!

Drew's Adventures said...

evicted the 2 spiders. This made me laugh outloud.