4.19.2009

DAY ONE

So, it's day one of my 21 day cleanse diet. Today was a day of green tea and water only. It's actually not been as awful as I thought it could be. I feel a little run down and I'm finding that I'm contemplating and thinking more than I normally would s the day goes on. Before I go to bed tonight I'm going to take some time to reflect on why I'm doing this and what it means to me.

I went to the store the other day to prepare for this diet:




















Then, yesterday, I chopped and sliced and mandolined most of these yummy foods:




I have a game plan for tomorrow that involves fruit and protein powder shakes for breakfast, sushi (minus the rice) for lunch, sweet potatoes and steamed veggies for dinner and snacks.
I've never been so excited to sink my teeth into a colorful salad and some juicy blackberries. I think that maybe that's the point for me. I feel thankful that I have healthy food available to me even though I've chosen to not eat it today. I feel fortunate to know that I have made the choice to feed myself what's good for me and not just what tastes good despite the nutritional value because I've found that the healthy things? They do taste good.

1 comment:

Chandler Jaye said...

Oh wow...that is amazing! All of those foods are so appealing to me and its making me want to eat more veggies! I admire what you're doing!