4.28.2008

May I take a moment to bitch?

My house is a toxic house.

Let's first start with Jackson. He's got a virus that makes him cough and snot run down his face. It's not pleasant to use an infant snot sucker on a little one. I know he wants to throw sharp objects at me until I stop. In fact, he's starting hitting me. Retaliation maybe?

Next, let's discuss yours truly. I feel horrid. Run down, scratchy throat, coughing, headache and just plain ickiness. I'm not a happy camper right now.

And lastly, I saved the best for last. Derick spent the weekend with his Dad. He came home with a rash on both arms that the doctor has determined is probably from poison ivy or something similar. And he threw up IN HIS BED last night. He's old enough to know when he needs to high tail it to the bathroom, but he was so tired from the event filled weekend that he just couldn't wake up. Turns out he got sick because he had nine NINE! Jack In The Box tacos for lunch yesterday. Just thinking about eating that many greasy tacos makes me ill, it's no wonder his poor tummy revolted. I need to remember to talk to his Dad about proper nutrition and why Jack In The Box tacos do not qualify. Unless you have them after an evening of too much beer and dancing. That's when those tacos are ok.

I used to stop on my way home from a evening out and get 2 for $.99 tacos and let me tell you, I've always said they were the best nasty food on the planet. The whole shabang is fried, lettuce and all, it has to be. How else can you explain rubbery lettuce? It's pure heaven. But I always stopped at 2 and now I know why.

What is/was your food that you stopped for after a night out?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chips and queso from Taco Cabana. Hope everyone gets to feeling better.

Anonymous said...

9???

What the EFF? What is it with exes and an inability to feed their children?

Drunk food is usually Denny's or Ihop.

Kitteh said...

Oh, my goodness. That is a nuclear fuckton of tacos!! Holy hell.

Since I don't drink, I don't really have any drunk food. I'm boring like that. ;)

Hope you all feel better very soon. XOXO

Jess said...

Nine tacos?? Ewwww. I might puke on myself just thinking about that.

Anonymous said...

9 tacos?! Holy cow! Cat food tacos are good on a drunk stomach - but a pure stomach of a child?! So not smart!

I hope your family feels 100% better, soon.

Anonymous said...

Okay, my drunk place was Jack in the Box too! 2 tacos (a tiny slice of fried heaven), a chicken sandwich, and a shake. Sometimes I would spice things up and trade the chic sandwich for a sourdough jack.....
hence the 20 lb. weight gain my second year in college!!!
Anyway, I'm sorry you guys are sick. :( Hope you all feel better soon.

SLynnRo said...

Whataburger or Wendy's.

And once, when I was five, I ate 9 hot dogs. I still hear about it.

Anonymous said...

We'd stop for either White Castle or McDonalds...they were essentially right next to each other.