9.15.2009

A break from reality

In one week and one day I'm getting up at the ass crack of dawn to prepare myself to fly to California to attend The Blathering. Boy do I need it, too. In between washing scads and scads of toddler underwear from potty training accidents and all this crazy rain we're having, I need a vacation.

Did you see the part above about potty training? No? Well then, let me say it another way. WE'RE POTTY TRAINING AND I MIGHT DIE. I had the Directv people over yesterday to install a new HD dish (the picture quality is quite impressive) and the husband/wife install team was quit amused about my little man running around in his Lightning McQueen skivvies. They were less impressed when he peed on the floor in the kitchen. Let's just say I'm glad I have very little carpet in my house right about now.

Back to vacay talk! I missed BlogHer this year, I just wasn't feeling it so The Blathering is a mini gathering of bloggers and I'm so looking forward to it. Jennie and I are leaving a few days early to take in LA, Carmel and San Francisco and see the lovely scenery along the way. I can't wait to see the beach and maybe walk in the sand for a bit, considering I never see the ocean. The rental car is squared away, the hotels are booked and all that's left is to pack our bags. Oh, and I suppose waiting for the CLOCK TO HURRY UP AND GET TO NEXT WEEK.

If you have suggestions for things to see or do or eat in LA, Carmel, San Francisco or Sacramento...please pass along whatcha got. We're open to anything and everything (except maybe illegal things, maybe.)

COME ON TIME...GET A MOVE ON!

4 comments:

She Likes Purple said...

If you're not down for illegal things, I should probably cross off a few agenda items. NO FUN KRISTIE, NO FUN AT ALL :)

Seriously, I can't wait.

Kristabella said...

Have fun! I wish I was going, but I'm going to Atlanta the same weekend, for a mini-Blathering with my blogger friends Ali and Darcey.

Jess said...

I am so jealous of you people who are going to the Blathering. Seriously. Incredibly envious.

TUWABVB said...

I'm so envious of your trip - I wish I was going. But I'll settle for a delayed flight on your part. :)