9.03.2009

32 is the new 23

Y'all, I'm 32 today. It's fantastic, really. I invite you to join if if you haven't made it yet.

Do you know the story of how I came to be? Not that sex part, but the rest of it? No? Well, let me fill you in on my history of before I was even a little tadpole growing all my body parts. Obviously this is a second hand story so I may have the details muddled, but I've heard the story enough times to know it by heart.

My mom and biological dad were married for five years and they had tried to have a child during those years. I would assume it was pretty frustrating and awful to want a child and not get one. But they tried and nothing happened.

After five years my bio dad (as he calls himself), gave my mom the boot saying he only loved her as a friend. So they seperated with the intention of getting divorced, moved away from each other and that was, as they say, that.

After a separation of several months (ish) they, AHEM, got back together for three days. Turns out the sparks where there for some things but not to reconcile the marriage. You can imagine my mother's surprise when she learned that she was pregnant with me not long after this encounter.

So you see, if were not for those three days back in 1977 I would not be here creating havoc and mayhem in the world. I'm pretty happy those three days exist and I'm pretty darn sure that my momma has enjoyed at least 85% of my time on this Earth. (We won't talk about the other 15%.)

So, happy birthday to me and thank you momma for putting up with me. Thank you to all of my lovely friends who've called, texted, Facebooked and Twittered today. I love you all.

Now, I need to get some hair color stuff because the gray is showing!

7 comments:

Jess said...

Lucky three days and happy birthday! Torsten will be 32 in a couple months so I'm glad to hear that it's a good age!

Kristabella said...

Happy birthday my friend! I hope you have a fabulous day!

And 30s are awesome! I will be the big 3-2 in 11 days!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday!
That's an awesome story, btw.

http://www.thegreenwife.com said...

What a cool story! I'm so glad those 3 days existed because what would the world be without Momma K??

Welcome to 32. It rules.

Sarah said...

I am happy for those three days as well! Isn't it weird how little turns of fate bring us to the present day? I hope you had a wonderful day!

TUWABVB said...

I said it on Twitter, but am catching up on my blog reading and wanted to memorialize it here - happy birthday! You are a very special person and I'm so happy I got the chance to "know" you.

And apparently, I'll be 14 this year! :)

Sarah said...

Happy happy birthday! Fabulous story.